Friday, February 17, 2012

Human Heart A Day*43

I wanted to take some inspiration from my all time favourite artist today, Salvador Dail..Only recently I had a few people compare the style of my new pieces to his and yet I hadn't even considered them to be of the Surrealist movement..It surprised me, I had not realised how something that you see regularly in life could have such an impact in your decisions...Really made me think about the imagery that I let into my life..They say that an average person receives up to 3000 advertising images a day, so is that what were becoming, just a product of society..If this is true, we definitely need to watch less tv and read more books..


So in honour of Dalis amazing melting clocks. I bring you my melting Heart....


Materials used...Sketch pad, black sharpie, blue and pink pens..









1 comment:

  1. Good job Laura. It's true about the letting stuff in. That's why it's so important to think on all that's true, honourable, pure, lovely and of good repute!! I recently went back over your entire blog. It's wonderful to see how you are growing each entry. i'm also incredibly impressed to be reading your 43rd entry!! Go girl!! Remember you are the Victorious One!! Mum xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thank you, I Heart all feedback.. <3