Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Human Heart A Day*41

Disclaimer..I have never written out any of my recipes before so I hope it makes sense..Just been experimenting with flavours and this is what I came up with..Damm Im going to make some now..Mmmm


Healthy Heart Warm Salad-Vegetarian

Ingredients

1 Can Four bean mix
1 Bag Rocket and spinach mix
1 Cup Pumpkin
1 Punnet Cherry tomatoes
½ Sliced Red onion
1 Diced Zucchini
6 Slices Halumi 1cm approx
Olive oil
Balsamic vinagar
Salt and pepper


Grill zucchini and pumpkin with dash of olive oil and salt and pepper...Takes approx 30mins depending on griller and size...We want them brown and caramelised but still firm..

When the grilling has about 5-10 mins to go, put dash of olive oil in pan and fry up the halumi, tomatoes and red onion..I like the halumi golden brown but the tomatoes and onion still firm..

Drain bean mix and rinse well, check the spinach mix for dodgy bits..

Put everything in a large salad bowl, add a nice thick drizzle of balsamic vinegar and mix salad well..I don't add any extra salt and pepper or olive oil at this point but you can if you want..

Now eat and enjoy.. :)

If you want to add meat I've found diced chicken breast is perfect..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you, I Heart all feedback.. <3